Tkinter Crash under PythonWin

Wolfgang Strobl ws at mystrobl.de
Mon Nov 12 17:43:07 EST 2001

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:08:51 GMT, "Neil Hodgson"
<nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote :

>Wolfgang Strobl:

>>   File "H:\Python21\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\intpyapp.py", line 349,
>> in OnFileRun
>>     dirOfScript, starter)
>> TypeError: CreateProcess() takes exactly 9 arguments (7 given)
>
>   But there are 9 arguments (as there are 8 commas):
>
>   win32process.CreateProcess(sys.exec_prefix + "\\python.exe",
>            "python -i " + pathToRun, None, None, 0,
>            win32process.CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE, None,
>            dirOfScript, starter)

Eeek. You are right, of course.

>   Maybe there was some line-end failure in transit - try adding \ at the
>end of the lines to force it all on one logical line.

Indeed. I just manually recreated the leading white space for the the
continuation lines, now it works without \'s at the end.

I guess the failure was caused by uudecoding the snippet on a linux
machine and moving it over to my win2k computer (Pegasus didn't
understand an embedded file, and doing it on the other machine seemed
to be the easiest way of decoding the file).

Again, thanks for the nice patch, and sorry for the confusion. What
about convincing Mark Hammond about adding it to the standard
distribution?

--
Thank you for observing all safety precautions