Two questions about Python..

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Nov 27 22:32:26 EST 2001

Cameron Laird wrote:

> Kragen Sitaker  <kragen at pobox.com> wrote:
> >Ville Vainio <vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi> writes:

> >It's about as fast as Perl, much faster than Tcl or sh, and much
> >slower than Lua, a good Scheme, FORTH, or GhostScript, in my
> >experience.  HTH.
>
> And it depends, of course, on the kind of project of interest.
> Numeric makes Python a world-beater for many problems, for
> example.

Cameron, can you confirm that by this you mean that for
intensively numeric-processing-bound programs, the Numeric
package effectively makes Python a *higher* performance
solution than most/all other solutions?  Or were you talking
more about features and ease-of-use, for example?

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.
peter at engcorp.com