[Q] Python and expert system shell

Ype Kingma ykingma at accessforall.nl
Wed Nov 7 14:17:59 EST 2001

Young-Jin Lee wrote:

> Hi, all.
> I'm a python newbie and I want to get some advice.
> I have developed a Java application and I want to convert it to Python
> application.
> I think I can easily do most of the part except one module. In my Java
> application, I used a JESS (Java Expert System Shell). JESS is a CLIPS
> interpreter written in Java. Is there any CLIPS interpreter written in
> Python? Or any expert system shell in Python?

Did you consider using Jython? It is a python implementation written in Java
that allows you to call almost any java code on the class path,
including your own java code. It also allows you to write java classes
in python.

This means that you can get your program running in jython eg. by only
rewriting the main program in jython, so you won't need to rewrite
all of your code from java to python.
You can also reuse the JESS as it is.

See www.jython.org for more.

Regards,