split(None)

Oliver Fromme olli at secnetix.de
Tue Nov 6 13:43:51 EST 2001

Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> wrote:
 > I don't get the same results.
 >
 > F:\Python21>python
 > ActivePython 2.1, build 210 ActiveState)
 > based on Python 2.1 (#15, Apr 19 2001, 10:28:27) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
 > win32
 > ['foo', 'bar', 'baz']
 > ['foo', 'bar baz']
 >>>>

 > It look to me like it works the way you would expect it to.

Yes.  I've just exited from the python interpreter, restarted
it, and now it works fine, too.  I guess I must have broken
something during experimentation in my previous interpreter
session.  Don't ask me how I did that ...  :-(

I'm sorry for the confusion and the false alarm.

However, the small error in string.split.__doc__ still exists.
;-)

Regards
   Oliver