A Python GUI Book.

Steven Rumbalski srumbalski at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 13 08:31:35 EST 2001

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote in message news:<3beedf26 at nntp.server.uni-frankfurt.de>...
> Given this approach, the main question I'm currently trying to
> figure out is: What application shall I present? It must be complicated
> enough to show some advanced topics (not only presenting a tour of
> the widgets and voila...) but at the same time small enough to cover
> it within 50 pages or so (remember: for each toolkit!).
>
> I first thought of some contact application - in outlook style - or
> some kind of presentation program - powerpoint style - ... here's a plea
> for your input.
>
> What do you think would be a good application to show the basics and a few
> more sophisticated topics in programming GUI applications with Python?

My $.02:

How about a simple text editor?  Whatever application you present you
should probably have either an appendix or an early chapter explaining
the code that will stay the same across each implementation.

By the way, it would be nice if this were an online book.  You may get
a lot of good feedback if people can see it as you write it.  Bruce
Eckel has had some success with this model.

Steven Rumbalski