distutils for old pythons?

Andrei Kulakov sill at sill.silmarill.org
Tue Nov 20 18:17:09 EST 2001

Hello,

I just found out that distutils were not included in python1.5 and 2.0.
Since a lot of systems still have these installed, I thought of
including distutils with distributed source. Is that a good idea? I
checked the size and distutils dir is too large, did anyone make a
"light" version for inclusion with small scripts? What do you people do?
Don't use distutils, make your own, include it with your app, use
something else?

 - Andrei

get it at: cy.silmarill.org