questions about of writing python scripts

ed edwardt at trillium.com
Thu Nov 29 18:40:50 EST 2001

I am writing a program in python, but I find that in using the python
interpreter in writing program I am not able to find errors in the
erliaest stage. I need to run the program a lot of timee just to find
out errors like:
simple syntas errors that are embedded in the functions that I called
in other modules....

Is there a way to force the python interpretter to kind of doing
"compilation" of the python scripts, so that I do not need to
rerunning the progrma a lot of times just to find out they are errors
like varibles not defined; functions name not found, variables not
found?