drawing functionality

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Sat Nov 17 18:29:44 EST 2001

[posted and mailed]

jcrowe <jason at jcrowedesign.com> wrote in
news:ouAJ7.1872$tg4.89012 at eagle.america.net:

> I am concidering creating an app that would basicly be a database
> frontend. But I would like to have the ability to make small (300 X 300
> dpi) drawings. This would be used to create a rough floorplan drawing
> for each entry (real estate) in the database. I am planing on running
> this on a linux server that is being accessed by window 98/95 client
> machines.
>
> Thanks for any URL's or insites that you can provide.
>
> Jason Crowe

well you don't say much about how you would exchange data between client
and server.
do you want to write a custom app or should the clients simply use a
webbrowser?

i would prefer the second as it limits the programming to the server side
and a wide variety of clients can connect.
you can either setup a webserver and use python scripts for CGI or write
even the server in python (realy simple to do).

for graphical data there are e.g.:
- pdf: http://www.reportlab.com/
- jpg, png, ...: http://www.pythonware.com/downloads/index.htm#pil

with both you can create data on the fly and embed it in dynamic webpages.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>