newbie question - object from a string?

Gordon Scott gordon.scott at peregrine.com
Tue Nov 27 12:14:11 EST 2001

Thanks for the reply.  Didn't get this until this morning.

I have a file named MyHandlers.py in which I have the class MyHandler.

when I use

__import__('MyHandlers', globals(), locals(), ['MyHandler'])  or
.
.
.
eval('MyHandler()', globals(), locals())  or eval('MyHandlers.MyHandler()',
globals(), locals())

I get a NameError: name 'MyHandler' is not defined.