PIDDLE/SPING??

Richard West rwest at opti.cgi.net
Thu Nov 15 13:56:49 EST 2001

I was looking into PIDDLE today and it seems the only web address I
could find is a little out dated:

http://piddle.sourceforge.net/

Under the status section it reads, "with the 1.0 stable release coming
soon (4th quarter 2000 is the current best guess)".  And the link to
the PIDDLE mailing list doesn't appear to work any longer.

Is this a dead project?  Are there any alternative competing projects?
Does anyone know if this will work bug free under Python 2.1 or 2.2,
and the latest version of PIL?  Or do I just not have the latest web
address?

-Rich