newbie: selecting text by script in Tkinter fails

Johnny deBris johnny at debris.2y.net
Tue Nov 6 11:20:38 EST 2001

Hello!!

I have a question about selecting text in a Tkinter Text-widget using
the tag_remove and tag_add-methods: there is a small explanation on
how it should be done in 'an Introduction to Tkinter', but I cannot
get the work done the way the author proposes
(http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x8369-methods.htm).
Can anybody tell me how I can select a piece of text from script? I'm
working on a texteditor in Python, and this is part of a search-option
I would like to add. For people who think they're suffering from
deja-vu or something: I have posted a question quite similar to this
one a few days ago, but no-one seemed to be able to or want to answer.
(maybe a classical case of RTFM? If so, please tell me where to find
that FM!! :)

Thanx again,

Guido Wesdorp