Keeping Python loaded

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 26 13:43:23 EST 2001

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:08:42PM -0800, Matt Gerrans wrote:
> Is there some existing facility for keeping Python running in memory
> at all times, ready to execute scripts, rather than having it load
> each time a script runs?    I think I can figure out a way to do this,
> but I wanted to check first and see if a clever solution (probably
> better than what I'm brewing) already exists...

If you want Python in the memory, then just do that:
    python some_dummy_never_ending_file &
This will avoid the time it takes to load the Python executable.  But,
on my Linux, the subsequent loads are pretty fast even without this.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>.
8 CPU cluster, NAS, (Slackware) Linux, Python, LaTeX, Vim, Mutt, Tin