Does Anybody Know How To Get Tkinter Working??

Luca Fini lfini at arcetri.astro.it
Mon Nov 26 02:50:22 EST 2001

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Ben Ocean wrote:

> I just configured Tcl--itworks--and I went to configure tk (both latest
> stable distros) on my RH71 box and ran into all sorts of errors on *make*.
> Both installations are in /usr/lib and I'm in as root. It exits with Error

RH 7.1 comes with python and Tkinter ready for use. You should use that
instead of compiling yourself unless you have a specific reason to do so.

If you do not find python and/or tkinter on your systems maybe you did
not do a full installation and you must install the required packages: go
and look for python related packages on the RH distribution CD.

Cheers,
							l.f.
       -- )     Luca Fini                            Tel: +39 055 2752 307
 ___    |\      Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri  Fax: +39 055 2752 292
(___|___//___)  50125 Firenze  /   WWW: http://www.arcetri.astro.it/~lfini
 (_)      (_)   Italia        / e-mail: lfini at arcetri.astro.it