Should we trust .NET? (was Re: PHP vs. Python/comp.lang.php?)

Andreas Jung andreas at andreas-jung.com
Tue Nov 27 18:03:18 EST 2001

In Microsoft we trust !

On good example of "supporting" standards is WebDAV. When WebDAV came up
some years ago, Microsoft claimed to support this standard. Nowadays
Microsoft support WebDAV in a way where you can talk through WebDAV
from MS clients to MS servers. I have spent a long time debugging problems
between Microsofts WebDAV implementation and other WebDAV servers. They
violate the HTTP 1.1 and WebDAV specs in many ways, making it nearly
impossible
to write compliant server side WebDAV implementations.

Andreas

   -    Andreas Jung                            Zope Corporation       -
  -   EMail: andreas at zope.com                http://www.zope.com      -
 -  "Python Powered"                       http://www.python.org     -
  -   "Makers of Zope"                       http://www.zope.org      -
   -                  "Life is a fulltime occupation"                  -