I just got in!

John S. Yates, Jr. john at yates-sheets.org
Sat Nov 10 11:08:15 EST 2001

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:49:51 GMT, grante at visi.com (Grant Edwards) wrote:

>                                 and people start to roll
>their eyes when you tell stories about PDP-11s and paper
>tape...

Grant,

I was going to suggest getting together for a beer and
swapping stories (I delivered PDP-8 systems on paper
tape, hand punched patches, etc).  But I looked up
visi.com and it would appear that you live in the
Minneapolis area.

My PDP-8 experience followed a first addictive exposure
to computers via PDP-11 assembly language.  I always
love it when the PDP-11 gets mentioned.  So many fond
memories...

/john
--
John Yates