newbie Python OO vs Tcl

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Fri Nov 9 19:45:41 EST 2001

Chris Liechti <cliechti at gmx.net> graced us by uttering:
[ snip ]
>> Is there anything similar in Tcl? So far I can only think of its lax
>> syntax...
>
> i don't know TCL. so i would definetly take python and i guess the other
> 99% in this newsgroup would vote for python too, especialy as this is the
> python newsgroup / mailing list ;-)

While a good number of posters in c.l.p.m _do_ know Tcl, I'm sure that,
given a choice between Python and Tcl, most Perl-mongers would choose
Python as well.  In fact, one of the few reasons many people even have
Tcl around (Tk) may be phasing out in favor of wxPython (and wxPerl,
etc).

BTW, what with the occasional anti-perl sentiment in this newsgroup, it
would be a good idea for the OP (and anyone else) not to tout "lax
syntax" in any remotely positive way. ;)

<can't-perlers-n-pythonistas-at-least-bash-tcl-together?>-ly yrs,
Tim Hammerquist
--
A woman is like your shadow; follow her, she flies; fly from her, she follows.
    -- Chamfort