Non-Indented python

Dave Cinege dcinege at psychosis.com
Thu Nov 22 19:05:11 EST 2001

> "Dave Cinege" <dcinege at psychosis.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1006401758.28916.python-list at python.org...
>
> > I don't make excuses for poor editors. A programming editor worth
> > anything (IE nedit) will let you define the display of tabs to
> > how many ever spaces you like.
>
> Tabs should not be displayed as spaces at all.  I'm inclined to say that
> any editor that does display them as spaces is broken.

Here on earth, tabs are typically represented by 8 * space width.
A good editor allows to set the mutiple to anything you desire.

A very bad editor will display a tab as a symbol, in raw form, or not at
all. Maybe you use one of these?

If what you mean is, you press the tab key and the editor
inserts X * spaces then yes this is the most evil form of blasphamy.

Tab is:
ASCII 0/9 is decimal 009, hex 09, octal 011, bits 00001001: called ^I, HT, TAB
Official name: Character Tabulation
Other names: Horizontal Tab, \t

Binding a 'macro' to the key like this is like pressing '1' and having
the editor output 'one'.

Authors of such works shall be drawn and quartered before reaching
death. So let it be written. So let it be done.

Dave

--
The time is now 22:37 (Totalitarian)  -  http://www.ccops.org/