A Python GUI Book.

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Nov 27 07:04:48 EST 2001

Kevin Altis <altis at semi-retired.com> wrote:
> "Ron Stephens" <rdsteph at earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:3BEF0436.33D7F2A5 at earthlink.net...
>> As someone else said, pleas einlcude anygui. Also, it woudl be nice if you
> could
>> include PythonCard, as an application frmaework  on top of wxPython.
>
> While I would like to see PythonCard and anygui covered in a book, it
> doesn't make sense for either project right now. The APIs are in flux and by
> the time a book went to print the information would be completely wrong.
> PythonCard is likely to change quite a bit between now and the end of the
> year and anygui probably won't be usable for anything but the simplest
> projects until early next year or later.

Yes, that's true. An unstable API will render a whole chapter of my
book useless, which is not quite a clever idea. I'm even considering to
dump the discussion of pyGTK because of this. AFAIK GTK2 will be so much
better than GTK1.x that almost everyone who can will switch as soon as
possible. But for a discussion of (py)GTK2 there is too much change in
the API yet.

:M: