PHP vs. Python/comp.lang.php?

jcrowe jason at jcrowedesign.com
Thu Nov 22 09:35:53 EST 2001

I think it all depends what you are going to be using the language for. In
my opinion PHP and Python are not really comparable. I see php as a step up
from cgi. I would not even concider using python for web scripts, it's just
doesn't make sense ( if you know php).  But on the other hand I would not
even concider using php to write a small app that is not web based.  They
are both great languages, but they should be used where they are strongest.

If you want newsgroups checkout:
alt.comp.lang.php
alt.php
alt.php.sql

I will warn you that php is more like coding in c++, or perl. It may be
confusing to learn php & python at the same time, but that will depend on
you and your skills.

Good luck.