GUI toolkit

John D. Gorman jdgorman at ieee.org
Thu Nov 15 01:28:31 EST 2001

Cary,
   If you've tinkered with wxPython, you should definitely check out the
bundled demo as well as some of the developer tools.   Things
to look at:
- Cameron Laird's collection of links:
 http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/python_GUI.html

wxPython related tools:
- Boa Constructor:
 http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/

- wxDesigner
 http://www.roebling.de/

For simple tasks,  I'm kinda partial to Boa Constructor & wxPython.
I was able to get an analytical chemist with no prior programming
experience
up and building usable GUIs in a matter of hours. (Of course, I
had to supply the callback  routines, but what do you want for nothing
;^).
The resulting codes run fine on both RedHat7.2 & Win2K.  Moreover,
they look mighty impressive to customers used to dealing with shrink-
wrapped software.

Cheers,
John Gorman