AppBars in Win32 -- DEMO

Keith Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Mon Nov 26 22:40:40 EST 2001

I've posted the code for a project-in-progress, demonstrating how to do
AppBars using the win32 extensions.  The current demo creates a wxPython
frame, snags the handle to create a PythonWin object to deal with some more
sophisticated message handling.

It doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to -- there's an incompatibility
with the taskbar, should its status change from non-hidden to auto-hide and
the like, which should just be a matter of properly dealing with messages.
(Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind clues on the params argument for
PythonWin message handlers).

The code provides for feedback messages if executed from a command window.
Left-click to exit, right-click to change edges, or use the drop-down menu.

See http://www.thuban.org/projects

Keith J. Farmer
kfarmer at thuban.org
http://www.thuban.org