Steering novices in the right direction

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Nov 20 06:24:06 EST 2001

    >> Are there any good, free PIL web tutorials or any other source I can
    >> find info on the lib?

    Peter> Did http://www.google.com/search?q=Python+Imaging+Library+tutorial
    Peter> not produce the results you needed?

I've lately been thinking since the correct response to many "where can I
find ...?" questions is, "have you tried google?" or at least "have you
searched yet?" that perhaps the footer added to the end of all
python-list at python.org mailings should include a line like

    Ask here first: http://www.python.org/search/

or

    Before asking where something is, check Google: http://www.google.com/

Even better would be if Mailman could pick a random line out of a file to
use as the footer.  That way you could have all sorts of interesting
subliminal messages.

Any thoughts on the general idea of embellishing the footer?

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)