Open a windows database file with a path name?

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Fri Nov 9 14:20:02 EST 2001

You can use Access from Python (with win32all extensions) as a COM object,
if you want to play with your Access database.
But, IMHO, if all you need to do can be done using SQL statements only,
you'd better play with your database with ODBC/DSN :

- more portable (other OS, other database)
- less memory overhead
- more stable API (what if M$ changes the Access COM API/object model in the
future)

--Gillou

qnonuto5ao5iu4c0fa1ttletlje3s9sfck at 4ax.com...