SGMLParser error on HTML comment

George Thomas george at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Nov 18 17:20:13 EST 2001

Hi,
Well, to clear things up: I had a handler for the SGMLParseError. Thanks
to Sean for directing me to the exact problem spot in the HTML file
(which I should have spotted myself, had I not had other concerns). The
problem I was grappling with was suppressing the error traceback after
handling the error. Invoking the reset() method of the parser does this
for me now. If time is on my side, I can venture into creating a more
robust parser, instead of just rejecting bad HTML.
On a mildly related note, is there a Python wrapper for libwww?
rgds and thanks
George Thomas
'wIjwI'
Resident,Planet Earth,Third Rock from the Sun