PEP 276 Simple Iterator for ints

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Nov 15 18:41:32 EST 2001

"William Tanksley" <wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote in message
news:slrn9v8k4u.k8a.wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net...

> I, however, am also starting to wonder about this...  Aside from infinite
> for loops, which DO seem very useful and not possible under the old
> system, I've lost track of why we're arguing about this.  Why should we
> make any change here?  What are we fixing?

I don't know... ;-)

...but, if it ends up that for i in 10 becomes doable when we're done,
that's all I'd like.  I can deal fine with the other constructs as it is now
and don't really see the need for any of this, but it'd nice to have.
Along the lines of being able to drop the colons, which probably has as much
chance of making it in as this does... ;-)

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com

---------