IsPython really O-O? - Think different !

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 09:26:35 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 08:43:25AM +0100, Guido Stepken wrote:
> VisualPython is a windows port of the unix python from G.v.Rossum, done
> with cygnus (now redhat) GNUPRO suite. [...]
> regards, Guido Stepken

You've got that wrong! Trust me. My description is the correct one :-) Go read
the ActiveState page for the description:

http://www.activestate.com/Products/Visual_Python/

"""Visual Python is the full-featured Python plug-in for Visual Studio .NET,
providing a rich development environment for programmers who wish to use Python
within Visual Studio .NET.

Unlike other Python IDEs and editors, Visual Python was written specifically
for Visual Studio .NET, allowing programmers to fully leverage the features of
Microsoft's powerful development tool suite."""

A quick google check reveals that a win32 port of Python exists at least since
Python *1.2*.

Gerhard

--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0