Teaching python (programming) to children

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 10 21:14:52 EST 2001

>If you feel you have a good point about curriculum and/or teaching
>methods, put your point out there and be vocal about it. Give the
>teachers access to your ideas, and the reasons why you promote it. Then
>allow them to decide whether to adopt it or not.

As an outgrowth of work I have done with Python for geometry study,
primarily as a project of self-education, I have recently had the
opportunity
to address the math faculty of an engineering college, and demonstrate
some of the possibilities of using Python and related tools to advance
their work as educators.

I think it was well received.

So my rantings here are not the extent of my involvement, by any
means.

Art