Editor for Python

Kragen Sitaker kragen at canonical.org
Sat Nov 24 01:40:53 EST 2001

"MANUEL FERNANDEZ PEREZ" <manufepe at navegalia.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I'm looking for an editor for Python.I' m interested it works on Windows.Can
> anybody help me?

I used XEmacs last time I was doing this.  It runs on Windows (as well
as anything else, so you won't get left behind when Windows dies), is
good at handling hundreds of open files totalling gigabytes open in
multiple windows, does syntax-highlighting of Python (and C, and
Fortran, and Perl, and SQL, and Tcl, and 16 other languages, out of
the box), is reasonably fast, has automatic name completion with
alt-/, auto-saves your files once a minute or so (to a special
auto-save file, not on top of the original) so your machine crashing
doesn't lose you any work, and has more good programmers using it than
any other editor.

I've also used Vim on Windows.  Many of the same things can be said
about it.

Editors are rather a religious issue.