And Now for Something Completely Different! (was: Monty Python (was: Freeware Python editor))

Mark Jackson mjackson at wrc.xerox.com
Sun Nov 4 15:03:06 EST 2001

Simon Callan <simon at callan.demon.co.uk> writes:
> In message <9s2hl0$u6o$1 at bugstomper.ihug.com.au>
>           "Gary Stephenson" <garys at ihug.com.au> wrote:

> > He was also I believe the author of the immortal limerick:
> >
> >     "There was a young man from Wooloomooloo (*)
> >     Whose limericks always finished on line two."
> >
> > (* - or somewhere ending in "oo" - can't remember now)
>
> Which inevitably has the followup rhyme
>     "There was a young man from Verdun".

Which is just as inevitably followed* by the one about the young man
from Tokyo.

[*or not; can't tell]

    After a recent trip to New York one French journalist remarked that
    leafing through a copy of /Forbes/ or /Fortune/ is like reading the
    operating manual of a strangely sanctimonious pirate ship.
					- Adam Gopnik