connecting from Windows client to Informix server

Stefan Schwarzer s.schwarzer at ndh.net
Thu Nov 29 18:10:58 EST 2001

Hello Ondrej,

Ondrej Krajicek wrote:
> I know that there are several modules which implement
> informix connectivity. Is there anyone
> who uses them on Windows box (Windows client,
> Solaris server) ? Does it work ? Does it work well ?
> Which informix module is the right choice ?

we use informixdb 1.3 from
http://starship.python.net/crew/sturner/informixdb.html

It's DB API 1.0 compliant (not 2.0, though).

Which version of the Informix server do you use? The version mentioned
above will fail on LVARCHARs and LOBs, if I remember correctly. In this
case I could look for an adapted version we have here.

Stefan