using access databases from python

george young gry at ll.mit.edu
Thu Nov 29 14:18:42 EST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:38:48 -0500
"Christopher N. Deckard" <cnd at ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
> Do to M$ Access's inability to correctly export data from its
> database, I am searching for other ways to dump an access database
> to tab delimited files.  I was wondering if there is an access
> database python module.  Even if it only works on Windows, that's
> fine.  I just need to get data out of Access to put it into a
> Postgres database.
>
> If something like that doesn't exist, how else can I do it?
You might look at:
     http://sevainc.com/Access/
[description from http://www3.us.postgresql.org/interfaces.html]:
 Tool to convert from Access97 to PosgtreSQL This web site also describes
 several issues encountered while upsizing an Access database to PostgreSQL
 and what was done to work around them. PostgreSQL 7.1 is required for this
 to work.

--
 I cannot think why the whole bed of the ocean is
 not one solid mass of oysters, so prolific they seem. Ah,