data size

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Nov 10 10:47:57 EST 2001

Martin von Loewis <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> i.e. 12 bytes per entry. With three keys, the dictionary will have
> eight entries in 2.0, giving 96 bytes of entries.

Actually, I think in 2.0 the dict will have four entries.  I realise
this isn't what the code claim{s,ed}, but for the sake of pedantry...

(I only remember this because it led to obscure bugs in the
compiler in 2.1 betas...)

generally-in-awe-at-your-thoroughness-ly y'rs,
M.

--
  I never realized it before, but having looked that over I'm certain
  I'd rather have my eyes burned out by zombies with flaming dung