Teaching python (programming) to children

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Nov 13 04:25:25 EST 2001

Unless I am misunderstanding this terribly,  Cliff Wells, whose
educational experiences were so dreadful that he nearly dropped out
of school and had to be rescued by a heroic mathematician teacher,
wants to base social policy on granting teachers  enough personal
freedom that they can circumvent the evil policies crafted by
powerful academic elites that are both so incompetant that they
mandate evil or foolishness, and so corrupt or stupid that they will not
change when you point this out to them.  I think that this is what
I just heard.

Laura Creighton