The Ideals of a Python Hacker (was: Poll Results)

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Thu Nov 29 21:11:32 EST 2001

In article <mailman.1007084264.11923.python-list at python.org>,
 Jonathan Gardner <jgardn at alumni.washington.edu> wrote:

> Interesting... how does Python and veganism go together?

Head Waiter (Michael Palin): This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we
serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're
smug about it. So if you were to come in here asking me to rip open a
small defenseless chicken, so you could chew its skin and eat its
intestines, then I'm afraid I'd have to ask you to leave. Likewise if you
were to ask us to slice the sides of a cow and serve it with small pieces
of its liver... or indeed drain the life blood from a pig before cutting
off one of its legs... or carve the living giblets from a sheep and serve
them with the fresh brains, bowels, guts and spleen of a small rabbit...
WE WOULDN'T DO IT. Not for food anyway.
--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/