Python Newbie

Nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Mon Nov 5 06:52:22 EST 2001

On 05 Nov 2001 00:18:58 -0800, Paul Rubin <phr-n2001d at nightsong.com>
wrote:

>> 2. Another thing when doing coding if i am facing problem i tend to stop or
>> rather wanted to learn everything in a day or as fast as i could which i
>> believe is a wrong approach. Is there anyone kind enough to give me some
>> direction in order i could code something useful.
>
>There's nothing wrong with wanting to learn fast.

In fact you will learn Python fast - especially if yo have some
programming experience.

It is easily possible to learn to code in python in a pretty short
time.  The distinction you need to make is between learning how to
code python, and how to code in python _and_ all the library modules,
there is a difference between the basic language syntax and structure
(quick to pickup), and the full standard implementation of the
language (vast and powerful, but still easy enough to pick up _as you
go along_).

HTH

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.