Win98 PySol problem

Bill Melcher wpmelcher at snet.net
Sat Nov 24 17:52:56 EST 2001

Hi Matt

I managed to find a copy of the sources on a Russian site earlier today and
Marcus' http://pysol.tsx.org site is up.  The site that has the source file
is still not up, so I'll play with the, hopefully correct, Russian copy.

I found the code:

>     if os.name == "nt":
>         if dither is not None:
>             kw["dither"] = dither

in tkutil.py in the PySol source package -

I have commented out these lines in the module but now I have to deal with
the creation of tkutil.pyc and pysol_21.pyc --  I think!

The makefiles that I see are clearly written for a unix-like os and I will
attempt to figure out how to do a build in the Win98 environment.

If I get stuck, I'll ask for specific help.  On the other hand, if you or
others have some helpful hints I would appreciate them.

FYI, since I started this snark hunt I have found, installed and begun
learning how to use bzip2, gzip, powarc61 (so now I can deep six the first
two),  Agent Ransack (which I used to find the code to comment out), two
python21 packages (I am using ActivePython-2.1.1.msi, and Komodo as well as
Ghostscript and Ghostgum (to read PostScript documentation).

Komodo finds a number of, presumably non-fatal, problems as well as
the -dither option problem.

My goodness, Grampy has been busy!

--
Cheers, Bill
TANSTAAFL!

"Matthew Dixon Cowles" <matt at mondoinfo.com> wrote in message
news:CjTL7.19378$H7.3323721 at ruti.visi.com...
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:37:33 GMT, Bill Melcher <wpmelcher at snet.net>
> wrote:

-- <snip> --
> Have fun with PySol and you may want to take a look at Python:
> programming in Python is fun!

Yeah, sure - I have messed with high level languages since Fortran I on the
I BM 704 mainframe but am stll a largely unreconstructed (rusty) assembler
programmer.