newbie tkinter question

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Nov 8 16:13:25 EST 2001

In article <480f610.0111081146.72a92cb0 at posting.google.com>, Jared wrote:

> I am investigating using a python/Tkinter environemnt for apps
> development.  The target hardware environment would be pretty
> old-fashioned - a bunch of dumb terminals (VT420's, mostly)

Sheesh.  Calling a VT420 a "dumb" terminal.  Of all the nerve.

Dumb terminals are ones that lack any sort of control mechanism
(escape sequences and the like).  None of the VTxx and VTxxx
were dumb terminals.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Hello, GORRY-O!! I'm
                                  at               a GENIUS from HARVARD!!