which one to choose - NumPy or Scientific Python

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Wed Nov 21 18:02:56 EST 2001

Hi,
  I've been doing most of my science related work using C - but for some
new work I'm starting (neural nets, QSAR etc) I'm thinking of using python.
I know there are 2 sets of libs - NumPy and Scientific Python.

Are there any suggestion as to which one is better or more suitable - I
won't need heavy duty number crunching. I do need arrays, basic statistical
functions (I could code these myself - but their presence would be nice)

Rajarshi Guha                  | email: rajarshi at presidency.com
152 Davey Laboratory           | web  : www.rajarshi.outputto.com
Department of Chemistry        | ICQ  : 123242928
Pennsylvania State University  | AIM  : LoverOfPanda
GPG Fingerprint: DCCB 4D1A 5A8B 2F5A B5F6  1F9E CDC4 5574 9017 AF2A
Public Key     : http://pgp.mit.edu/