doesNotUnderstand ?

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.python at core-sdi.com
Wed Nov 28 11:35:18 EST 2001

    Is there a way to intercept the activation of messages which are
not implemented?

    For those of you Smalltalkers, I'm talking about #doesNotUnderstand:

    In smalltalk, if you send a message to an object, but the object has no
implementation for it, it'll receive a doesNotUnderstand messasge, with the
failed message as argument. You can use this mechanism to implement
proxies or auto accessors, or a lot of other interesting things...

    Hooking Bye!
    richie

PS: I know it's impossible to understand my explanation of doesNotUnderstand... sorry

--- for a personal reply use: Gerardo Richarte <gera at corest.com>