Free Python Server

Paul Winkler slinkp23 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 11:14:38 EST 2001

On 20 Nov 2001 05:21:11 -0800, Kevin Dahlhausen <kdahlhaus at yahoo.com> wrote:
>question: "What is your favorite low-cost, low-frills web hosting that
>provides access to Python for CGI scripting?  Bonus points for
>long-running Python processes."

Depends what "low cost" means. I've used:

jumpline.net - the "Standard" plan gets you 50 MB for $15 / month.
Python not officially supported but you can install it yourself.
Long-running processes not allowed IIRC.

hurrah.com - "Standard" account is 100 MB for $25 / month comes with
Zope, perl, PHP, Python, Java Servlets, SSI, and you can add domains
for $5 / month / each, so if you host multiple domains it often ends
up being cheaper than 3 or 4 no-frills accounts somewhere else. At one
point I had 3 domains with unique content for $35. I've been very
happy with it.

--PW