test_signal never ends

Kirill Miazine km-list-dated-1006154946.7252a0 at miazine.net
Wed Nov 14 02:29:06 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to install Python on a machine running OpenBSD 3.0-current.
It compiles OK, but make test hangs on test_signal.

Here's a timed output of running Lib/test/test_signal.py:

kirillm at poff:~/tmp/Python-2.1.1$ time ./python ./Lib/test/test_signal.py
starting pause() loop...
+ sleep 2
call pause()...
+ kill -5 24575
pause() returned
call pause()...
+ sleep 2
+ kill -2 24575
pause() returned
+ sleep 2
call pause()...
+ kill -3 24575
pause() returned
call pause()...
Terminated

real    1m29.035s
user    0m0.020s
sys     0m0.028s
kirillm at poff:~/tmp/Python-2.1.1$

(I had to kill the test script because it never finished)

It may be something wrong with OpenBSD 3.0-current, because when I tried
to install Python-2.2b1 and Python-2.1 I got the same problem. Currently
I have Python-2.1 compiled under OpenBSD 2.9-stable and it compiled OK
and passed all tests.

P.S. Please Cc me when replaying beause I'm not on the list. Thanks.

--
Kirill