Running program off CD

Dave Swegen dswegen at allstor-sw.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 06:00:40 EST 2001

I'm currently working on a project where I'd like to be able to put
python for various platforms on a CD and run it directly off that,
without actually installing anything on the host computer.

As far as I can tell py2exe is what I want for win, but is there
anyhting similiar for un*x/linux? Is it enough to use distutils and
setting python path to point to the CD?

The platforms I potentially need to support are linux, solaris, win 9x,
win NT and win 2k. It would be ideal if all these could be placed on one
CD.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers
	Dave