Sizing Up Graphics Automatically

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Fri Nov 16 12:46:13 EST 2001

Hi,

If you just want to know the size of the Image, this information is already
available in Zope.
(otherwise it could not produce a proper IMG tag with sizes set, as it
actually does)
See the documentation of the Image object for details.

For more advanced graphics manipulations, I think PIL (Python Imaging
Library) is the tool of choice.

see http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/index.htm

Resizing and querying size is probably at the simple end of the
possibilities this library provides.
You'll need External Methods or a product to use it, IIRC.

hth
Werner