GUI toolkit

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Nov 19 09:57:18 EST 2001

In article <9t13p3$1v9$1 at news1.xs4all.nl>,
	boud at rempt.xs4all.nl (Boudewijn Rempt) writes:
> Cary Coulter <cwc_NO at sound_no.net> wrote:

>> Platforms would be Linux (primary), Windows, and AIX (didn't see any
>> prebuilt code for wxPython).

> You should be able to use PyQt on all these platforms - but you will
> have to build Qt and PyQt yourself of AIX.

It is less know that Qt is only Free Software (as in freedom) for X11,
not for Windows or MacOSX.

(For me that's a big argument.
Everybody should be aware of it, I've seen this stated wrong many times.)

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)