newbie tkinter question

Jared jared at hwai.com
Thu Nov 8 14:46:51 EST 2001

Hi, all -

I am investigating using a python/Tkinter environemnt for apps
development.  The target hardware environment would be pretty
old-fashioned - a bunch of dumb terminals (VT420's, mostly) connected
to terminal servers accessing a server running Red Hat.

I have read the docs, but cannot glean from them if TKinter works in
such an environment.  Would it?  VT420's are color terminals; what
happens if we write for VT420's but someone connects up a VT220 or
VT100 emulator?

If it's convenient, e-mail will reach me faster.

TIA -

Regards,
jh