Freeware Python editor

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Nov 5 07:42:45 EST 2001

Erik:

IMHO Oleg's clarification attempt is sometimes justified.
The term "freeware" still creates confusion for people
no deep into the subjects. From my experience people do not
think or act like it has well defined meaning.
Some often made mistake is to mistake it for "Free Software".
I have learned more about it from the historical part of the thread.

	Bernhard

In article <3BE1C6E9.89BCDE7F at alcyone.com>,
	Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:
> Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>
>>    I m saying this third or fourth time - it was not a complain, just
>> clarification: the editor is "freeware", but not "free".
>
> Look at the Subject of this thread.  The original poster _said_ it was
> freeware.

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)