bracing for a firestorm

Ben Wolfson wolfson at uchicago.edu
Fri May 25 00:42:58 EDT 2001

In article <3B0DC5CC.AE32B6B8 at my.signature>, "Greg Ewing"
<see at my.signature> wrote:

> Jeff Epler wrote:
>>
>> ```expression``` should return pickle.dumps(expression).
>
> And, of course, r```expression``` should return
> cpickle.dumps(expression).

I don't think this is flexible enough.  There should be a
__picklefunction__ variable, such that whenever the [r]```expression```
forms are used, it gets called and action is taken depending on its return
value.  If it returns None (default action), then [c]pickle.dumps/loads is
used, but if it returns a string, that is translated into a file object
and passed to [c]pickle.dump/load.

--
Barnabas T. Rumjuggler
I had a son once, I ain't got no son today