what's in a name (was Re: using lambda to print everything in a list)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue May 1 07:19:41 EDT 2001

>Microsoft have also added support for this idiom to C#. They have a using
>statement:
>using-statement:
>    	using ( resource-acquisition ) embedded-statement
>resource-acquisition:
>    	local-variable-declaration
>    	expression

As I see it, there is no need to add individual cases
to the syntax.

If Python is going to syntactically support subprocess (thread) scheduling
and synchronization, then all features are to be added at one time, making
them more consistent. Or we will have a very messy language.

I'd presonally liked features of Occam in Python, but introduced
consistently.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Tuesday, May 01, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/