Range Operation pre-PEP

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu May 10 03:11:44 EDT 2001

Roman Suzi wrote:

> > done much python training lately, or are you just making
>
> Yes. I taught programming classes a year ago.
> That is where I had some trouble with for-loops.

and you don't think you can adjust the training material to cover
lists and functions briefly (from a use, don't create perspective)
before going into details about what for-in really does?

adding inconsistencies to the language to work around a problem
someone once had when explaining the current situation doesn't
sound that appealing...

Cheers /F