COM/MAPI changes from 1.52 -> 2.1?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue May 29 22:53:43 EDT 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001 07:21:02 +0530, Sandipan Gangopadhyay <sandipan at vsnl.com> wrote:

>> After installing CDO support, my program is happy.
>
>Any hints how to do this ? I am using Outlook Express 5.5 and
>hitting the same problem with win32com.client calls on
>OutlookExpress.

Alex Martelli posted an excerpt from "Migrating Applications to
Microsoft Outlook 2000" by Jim Groves (found on MSDN)

Links to the full posting are:

 http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Groves+CDO+Outlook+group:comp.lang.python+author:Alex+author:Martelli&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&scoring=r&rnum=1&ic=1&selm=92ft0m029uo%40news1.newsguy.com
 http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2000-December/023030.html

The how-to-install CDO part is:

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I want to dress you
                                  at               up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and